Most of you know that in just a couple of short weeks I’ll be getting married (omg) and there’s still so much to do every day. With such a monumental event coming up I’ve been reflecting a lot on the past year. So many things have happened!
Does anyone else feel like the older we get the more we seem to pack into 365 days?
In the past year I gained a fiancé, a full-time employee, a home, and a full year with the incredible Healthy Glow Collective.
As you probably know we spent an amazing day in Boulder, Colorado full of hiking, cooking, and all things self-care. It was such an empowering experience to bring together 15 women from all over the country to celebrate our strengths and our HGC community.
One of my favorite parts was spending 1:1 time with the girls. We chatted about all things wellness, business, being our own lady bosses, and even our personal battles. It was truly amazing to share the ups and downs of our personal journeys with the members of our HGC community, and I can’t thank them enough for making it possible.
As you probably know, while we were busy in the mountains we ALSO launched our new HGG STRONG Fitness Plan! We worked with a personal trainer to develop a 6-week plan of challenging workouts to help you gain both strength & endurance. The workouts target your lower body, upper body, cardio + core to keep your body guessing.
The best part? Anyone can do them! These exercises come with modifications, guidance for choosing the right weights, as well as a pre- and post-workout test so that you can track your progress. Plus there are written, photo and video examples of how to do each move in every workout. If you’re like me and have been confused (and maybe a little intimidated) in a workout class before… have no fear. We made everything clear, achievable and still challenging so that you can crush your goals.
USE THE CODE ‘AKNOVEMBER’ for $10 off your purchase of anything in our shop!
Now try out our Cardio Core Chipper workout here:
Complete the total number of reps listed next to each exercise in any order you’d like. All of the numbers are to be completed as total, not per side. You do not have to complete all reps at one time, you can go back and forth between moves.
Equipment: Two moderate to heavy dumbbells
- Start with your legs shoulder-width distance apart straddling a large dumbbell.
- Pretending to zip up your jacket, bend low using your legs to grab the dumbbell with one hand. Simultaneously begin to straighten your legs and bend your elbow as you bring the dumbbell up the front of your body and straight overhead.
- Alternate the snatching hand.
90 Bodyweight Squats
- Start in a neutral standing position with your feet hip-width distance apart.
- Sit back in your heels by bending your knees like you are reaching for a chair behind you. Keep your chest lifted and weight in your heels. Then come back up to standing.
80 Jumping Jacks
- Start standing with your feet together.
- Jump your feet out wide and bring your arms up to the sky. Then hop back to the center and bring your arms down. Repeat at your own level.
Modification: Step out and reach the same arm up overhead. Come back together. Continue switching sides.
70 Mountain Climbers
- Assume high plank position, keeping your shoulders in line with your wrists.
- Alternate driving your knee in toward your chest. Continue at a challenging pace.
60 Floor Chest Press
- Lay on your back with your knees bent so your feet are flat on the floor. Bring your arms to a 90 degree angle with dumbbells in your hands and palms facing towards your knees.
- Push your dumbbells up and together at the top. Then lower them to the starting position.
50 Switch Lunges
- Start with one foot in front of the other in a lunge position. Bend into both the front and back leg.
- Explode upward and switch feet. Use your arms to help you by swinging them backwards when bent and swinging them forward when you explode. Land softly. Continue with speed.
40 Wood Choppers
- Start with one dumbbell in both hands and a wide standing stance.
- Bring the dumbbell down towards your right hip and swing it up to the left corner. Repeat. Think of this as reaching in the dishwasher and putting your dishes on the highest shelf. Complete the same thing on the left side.
- Lay on your stomach with your arms and legs reaching out long.
- Lift your arms and legs up as high off the ground as possible. Control on the way back down.
Modification: Lift your right leg and your left arm. Lower down. Lift your left leg and your right arm. Lower down and repeat.
- Start standing with your feet shoulder-width distance apart. Reach your arms overhead and jump vertically.
- As you land, plant your hands on the ground with your knees in towards your chest.
- Hop your legs back into a high plank position. Lower yourself to the ground so your chest hits the floor.
- Come back into a high plank position and hop your feet up towards your hands. Stand back up and repeat.
Modification: Remove plyometrics.
10 Man Makers
- Assume high plank position with dumbbells in hands.
- Perform a push up by bending at your elbows leading your chest towards the ground. Then, push yourself back up into high plank position.
- Perform a single dumbbell row on each side by driving your dumbbell back one hand at a time.
- Step or hop your feet forward so that you are in a low squat with your chest lifted and back flat.
- Stand up using your legs and perform a biceps curl right into an overhead press.
Modification: Drop to your knees during the pushup and row.
Pin the workout for later:
If you try out this workout be sure to leave a comment below and let me know how you liked it! Enjoy xo!