Your new favorite party treat: drunken strawberries! These simple, beautiful wine-soaked strawberries are made with fresh strawberries, your favorite bubbly wine and sweet cane sugar. Skip the bottle of wine and bring these to your next party, brunch or girl’s night!
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I make a small commission off items you purchase at no additional cost to you. Please read my policy page.
A little over a month ago we shared an Instagram Reel of this simple, yet oh-so-delicious dessert and everyone went WILD for it. I mean, I think this video almost broke the internet. These drunken strawberries are made with just 3 ingredients but create an elegant party treat that you’re going to want to try ASAP.
We discovered the idea of boozy strawberries over on TikTok (follow us!) and knew we had to try it ourselves. Our resident TikTok expert, Rebecca, gave the drunken strawberries a try and the result was amazing. Check out our video here to see how to make them!
These drunken strawberries are the easiest, seemingly fancy treat that’s perfect for every occasion. Brunch, birthdays, girl’s night, Valentine’s Day, a wedding, perhaps?! If you’re celebrating something, these strawberries are the perfect complement.
Looking for more quick & easy recipes and tutorials? Check out all of our fun Reels here!
What are drunken strawberries?
Move over chocolate-covered strawberries, there’s a new treat in town. If you’ve never heard of them, drunken strawberries (or boozy strawberries) are simply fresh strawberries soaked in alcohol and rolled in some sugar. The result is a lovely, refreshing adult treat that feels a little fancy!
The three ingredients you’ll need
That’s right, these wine-soaked strawberries just require 3 simple ingredients. You’ll need:
- Fresh strawberries: the base of this fun treat.
- Bubbly wine: like champagne, prosecco, cava or sparkling rosé.
- Cane sugar: for that dessert-like sweetness and wonderful texture.
Can I use a different alcohol?
Yep! These boozy strawberries can actually be made with most wines and spirits like white or red wine, vodka, rum, etc. It just depends on your taste preference!
What about other fruits?
I haven’t tried using other fruits in this recipe, but I think other berries like blueberries, raspberries and blackberries would be delicious.
How to make drunken strawberries
The best part about this recipe is how easy it is to make. Fun, boozy treats in no time!
- Prep your strawberries. Rinse and drain them well, then add them to a large bowl or container.
- Pour the wine. Pour the bubbly wine over the strawberries until they’re fully submerged.
- Let them soak. Cover the container and let the strawberries soak in the fridge for at least one hour.
- Prep the sugar. Add cane sugar to a bowl or onto a plate.
- Dip the berries. Take your strawberries out of the fridge, and one by one pat them dry and roll them in sugar.
- Serve & enjoy! Add your drunken strawberries to a plate or serving platter and enjoy immediately.
Make them ahead of time
These easy drunken strawberries can be made the night before, so they’re perfect for serving at a brunch or party the next day. Just let them soak in the wine overnight, then finish the recipe the next day. They will get soggy if they sit for a couple of hours, so I recommend making them right before serving.
Freezer-friendly drunken strawberries
That’s right, you can freeze these drunken strawberries for later!
- After making all of the strawberries, add them to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Place the baking sheet in the freezer for a few hours until the strawberries are frozen solid.
- Once the strawberries are frozen, feel free to transfer them to a freezer-friendly bag or container for up to 3 months.
Ways to use them
Besides serving them as a fancy treat on a platter, I also recommend:
- Adding them to glasses of champagne
- Blending them up into a boozy wine slushie
- Topping a berry dessert like this Inside Out Chocolate Covered Strawberry Cake to give it a little flair!
More healthy cocktail recipes to try
- Palm Springs Cocktail
- 3-Ingredient Pineapple Mango Smoothie (with a fun boozy option!)
- Skinny Jalapeño Watermelon Margaritas
- St. Nick’s Naughty & Nice Chocolate Peppermint Smoothie
I hope you love these fun drunken strawberries! If you make them be sure to leave a comment and a rating so I know how you liked them. Enjoy, xo!
Your new favorite party treat: drunken strawberries! These simple, beautiful wine-soaked strawberries are made with fresh strawberries, your favorite bubbly wine and sweet cane sugar. Skip the bottle of wine and bring these to your next party or girl's night!
- 2 pounds fresh strawberries
- 1 bottle of bubbly wine (champagne, prosecco, cava or sparkling rosé)
- ½ cup organic cane sugar
Rinse and drain strawberries, then pour them into a large bowl or container.
Pour the bubbly wine over the strawberries, adding enough so that they’re submerged. Cover and let the strawberries soak in the fridge for at least 1 hour, or overnight.
Pour cane sugar into a bowl or onto a plate.
Remove the strawberries from the fridge. One by one, pat the strawberries dry, coat in the organic cane sugar, and place on a serving plate.
Enjoy immediately! The berries will get soggy if they sit for a couple of hours.
To freeze: after making all of the strawberries, add them to a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Place the baking sheet in the freezer for a few hours until the strawberries are frozen solid. Once the strawberries are frozen, feel free to transfer them to a freezer-friendly bag or container for up to 3 months.
Recipe by: Monique Volz of Ambitious Kitchen | Photography by: Eat Love Eat
Download My FREE 7-Day Meal Plan
Download My FREE 7-Day Meal Plan
Join the AK email list and get my brand new, FREE Simple & Nourishing 7-day Meal Plan delivered to your inbox.