Happy Monday! How was your weekend? On Saturday I hit up one of my favorite studios for a endurance cycling class, followed by a girl’s brunch at Beatrix and a day full of shopping. It’s amazing how hungry and thirsty you get after a day of shopping and especially depressing when you realize Nordstrom Rack sells snacks but no water. #thirstisreal
Hmmm what else? Tony and I went to the Honne concert and had a blast jammin’ out to one of our favorite bands. If you haven’t listened to them, I highly recommend.
Now it’s Monday and I still haven’t gone grocery shopping. The upside is that I almost always have a can of Genova Seafood’s tuna in my cupboard and usually end up making quick pasta (we love this mac and cheese) or a giant tuna melt with tomatoes and avocado.
Personally I love Genova’s tuna the most because it’s packed in a little olive oil, sustainably caught MSC Certified and incredibly fresh tasting. You can even trace your can of tuna on their website.
Today I’m sharing one of my favorite new ways to make tuna salad: with Genova Yellowfin Tuna, crunchy honeycrisp apples, cranberries, greek yogurt, honey, dijon and black pepper.
Super easy to make, nutritious and packed with protein — what more could you want in a lunch?
What goes with tuna salad?
I love putting it on sweet potato ‘toast’ but you could also add it on top of apple slices or a slice of regular good old toast. You do you! Watch the video to see me walk you through how to make this beautiful apple tuna salad.
See how to make the apple tuna salad:
More healthy tuna recipes you’ll love:
Honey Mustard Apple Tuna Salad
- 1 (4.5 ounce) can Genova Yellowfin Tuna, drained
- 1 apple, diced into bite sized pieces
- ¼ cup plain nonfat Greek Yogurt (or sub mayo)
- 1/2 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ½ tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons dried cranberries or cherries
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon scallions
- Optional: sweet potato slices for toasting or apple slices or your favorite toast
- In a large bowl, mix together all the ingredients. Season with freshly ground black pepper to taste.
- Once ready to enjoy, toast sweet potato slices a few times until tender or serve on apple slices or regular toast. Top with scallions and extra black pepper. Enjoy! Serves 2.