Sometimes I go on a french fry craze. Like get out of my way, I’m going to eat that entire plate of fries because I haven’t had them in nearly a month, and they look pretty dang terrific.
Welcome to the world of a girl who is in love with food.
Since I’m a huge sweet potato addict, I feel like I’ve experienced my fair share of sweet potato fries. I’ve had greasy ones, floppy ones, thin and crunchy ones, steak sweet potato fries, sweet potato waffle fries, sweet potato tots, and just regular old perfectly baked sweet potato fries.
I’m always telling myself that sweet potato fries are a little bit healthier than regular fries, which I guess makes my brain think that I can go a little overboard. Like maybe I’ll get more nutrients if I eat entire basket full?
Probably not the best reasoning.
I’ve discovered that the best way to satisfy my cravings is to bake my own with unique flavors. Have you ever baked your own at home? It’s super simple!
These were inspired by a restaurant in New Mexico and they are honestly one of my favorite things to munch on! Baking them myself helps to save calories and fat, plus I know all of the ingredients that are being used. These gems are made with olive oil, garlic, a sprinkle of sea salt and a little GO Veggie! Dairy Free Parmesan Grated Topping.
LOVE LOVE LOVE.
The fries are sweet, savory and uber satisfying. GO Veggie! parm adds a ton of flavor and is similar to regular parmesan except without all of the cholesterol, calories and fat. I love that it’s plant-based, dairy-free and gluten free, too. If you want to check out where to purchase GO Veggie!, head to their store locator.
- Serves: 4 servings
- Serving size: 1/4th of recipe
- Calories: 155
- Fat: 4g
- Carbohydrates: 26.7g
- Sugar: 5.4g
- Fiber: 4g
- Protein: 3.6g
- 4 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into ½ inch sticks
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil, divided
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- ½ teaspoon sea salt, plus more
- 2 tablespoons GO Veggie! Dairy Free Parmesan Grated Topping
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- Add sweet potato fries to a large bowl, along with half of the olive oil, garlic, salt and Go Veggie! Parmesan Grated Topping. Toss to coat fries.
- Drizzle 1/2 of olive oil (about 1 ½ teaspoons) over large baking sheet. Place in oven for a few minutes until pan gets hot and oil is shimmering. Remove pan from oven and add sweet potatoes fries, making sure to evenly spread them out over the pan so that none are touching.
- Place back in oven and bake for 15 minutes, then flip fries and bake again for another 10-15 minutes or until fries become slightly golden brown and begin to crisp up a bit. Taste fries and add additional salt or parmesan if desired. Enjoy immediately! Serves 4.
Don’t place the sweet potatoes too close or they will not brown properly nor become crispy. It’s better to use two baking sheets if you have too many fries.
Disclaimer: This post is sponsored by Go Veggie!; however all opinions are my own. Thanks for continuing to support Ambitious Kitchen!