If you’re looking for the perfect fall appetizer that just about anyone will love, then look no further — your girl made you apple and brie crostini layered with prosciutto, zippy arugula, black pepper and a drizzle of my new favorite thing on earth: HOT HONEY.
This crostini was inspired by one of my favorite coffee shops here in Chicago, which also happens to make ridiculously good cookies, and now sandwiches. I decided to take their new sandwich and transform it into an easy-to-make crostini that will blow ya mind. Plus they only take about 15 minutes to throw together!
The flavor combo is perfectly sweet, a little savory, a little spicy, and absolutely amazing.
FREE Ultimate Thanksgiving Guide (+ printable checklist!)
Whether you’re hosting or just attending, this Ultimate Thanksgiving Guide email series is for everyone. Enter your email below to get all of my best recipes, tips, and a FREE printable checklist for all of your Thanksgiving needs.
Apple & brie crostini ingredients
You’ll only need a handful of ingredients to make these delicious, easy apple and brie crostini. The hot honey truly makes them out of this world delicious, so don’t skip it! Here’s what you need:
- French baguette: the base of the crostini that will hold up all of the yummy toppings and gets nice and toasted.
- Brie cheese: we’re using gooey and delicious brie in this recipe because the flavor pairs perfectly with the apple, prosciutto and honey.
- Apple: I like to use a honeycrisp or granny smith apple for a nice juicy crunch.
- Prosciutto: love the sweet and savory combo these crostini have thanks to prosciutto. Bacon would also be amazing!
- Arugula: for a bit of zippy peppery freshness and to make the crostini extra pretty.
What is hot honey?
Hot honey is exactly what it sounds like: spicy honey! My version just requires honey and a little of your favorite hot sauce or a pinch of cayenne pepper to make the hot honey. Then you’ll get it warm and drizzle it on these crostini. SO GOOD.
Trust me you’re going to want to put this hot honey on everything — from sandwiches to your morning avocado toast.
Apple and brie crostini in 4 easy steps
- Prep your bread. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and place baguette slices on top. If you can’t fit them all, you’ll need to use two baking sheets.
- Bake it up. Add slices of brie cheese to each crostini and bake for 7-9 minutes or until the cheese is nice and melted.
- Assemble the crostini. Top with an apple slice, a piece of prosciutto and a few pieces of arugula.
- Drizzle & serve. Make the hot honey in the microwave, then drizzle it over the crostini and serve them up!
Customize these apple & brie crostini
These easy apple and brie crostini are great for customizing to your taste preferences! Here’s what I can recommend in terms of ingredient swaps:
- Choose your cheese. If you’re not a fan of brie, feel free to use fontina, havarti or gruyere.
- Mix up your fruit. Try pear slices, fresh figs or pomegranate seeds, or even your favorite jam.
- Keep them vegetarian. Simply leave off the prosciutto.
How to prep crostini ahead of time
I wouldn’t recommend fully making the crostini ahead of time, but you can slice your baguette and brie slices a day or two ahead so that they’re a breeze to assemble!
You can also feel free to make your hot honey ahead of time so that you can drizzle and serve the crostini quickly.
How to store apple and brie crostini
These easy apple and brie crostini are really best when enjoyed the day-of (and especially warm), but if you have any leftover feel free to store them in the refrigerator. Feel free to enjoy any leftovers cold, at room temp, or re-warmed in the oven.
More appetizers & sides for the holidays
Check out all of my Thanksgiving recipes here, plus more ideas for appetizers & sides:
- Slow Cooker Sweet & Spicy BBQ Cranberry Turkey Meatballs
- Bacon Wrapped Dark Chocolate & Goat Cheese Stuffed Dates
- Gluten Free Cornbread Muffins
- Balsamic Herb Sheet Pan Roasted Vegetables
- Twice Baked Butternut Squash
- Lightened Up Brown Butter Mashed Sweet Potatoes (with a slow cooker option!)
- The Best Homemade Healthy Green Bean Casserole
And remember, get all of my tips for hosting Thanksgiving here!
I hope you love these apple & brie crostini with hot honey! If you make it be sure to leave a comment and a rating so I know how you liked it. Enjoy, xo!
Apple & Brie Crostini with Hot Honey
Incredible apple and brie crostini with prosciutto, fresh arugula and a drizzle of homemade hot honey. These easy brie crostini are the perfect combination of sweet, savory and spicy. A wonderful appetizer for the holidays!
- For the crostini:
- 1 french baguette, cut diagonally into 1/2 inch slices
- 8 ounces brie cheese, sliced (you’ll need as many slices as crostini slices you have)
- 1 large honeycrisp or granny smith apple, thinly sliced
- 2 ounces prosciutto, cut into 20 pieces and rolled
- 1 cup arugula
- For the hot honey:
- 2 tablespoons honey
- ½ teaspoon hot sauce (or sub a pinch of cayenne pepper)
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and place baguette slices on top. If you can’t fit them all, you’ll need to use two baking sheets.
Add slices of brie cheese to each crostini and bake for 7-9 minutes or until the cheese is nice and melted. Top with an apple slice, a piece of prosciutto and a few leaves of arugula.
Make the hot honey: add honey and hot sauce to a small bowl, microwave for 10-15 seconds. Drizzle honey over the crostini. Serve immediately. Makes approximately 20-24 crostini.
Customize these apple & brie crostini
- If you're not a fan of brie, feel free to use fontina, havarti or gruyere.
- Feel free to mix up your fruit and try pear slices, fresh figs or pomegranate seeds, or even your favorite jam.
- If you're vegetarian, simply leave off the prosciutto.
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Ambitious Kitchen | Photography by: Eat Love Eats
I made these for a Thanksgiving appetizer and they were a big hit! They were so easy to make and absolutely delicious! They were savory and sweet – such a unique combination that just really worked with all the flavors. Will definitely make again!
Love it! Perfect, easy app 🙂
Loves this easy appetizer so much! My husband and I both thought it was delicious and light vs our typical holiday cheese dips and balls. After this isolation ends, I’ll definitely bring this one out for a crowd.
Amazing! So happy to hear that 🙂
Any thoughts one swapping the bread for roasted sweet potato slices?
Sure, why not!
Awesome appetizer on Thanksgiving! Super easy to make and delicious.
Absolutely! Glad you loved them!
PERFECT app for any occasion. So good and easy to make!! Would highly recommend.
Such a yummy appetizer! Easy but had great flavors. I used Mike’s Hot Honey (found at Whole Foods) which made it even easier.
Yum love it!!
10/10! The perfect recipe to impress one and all when hosting! Also makes for an incredible lunch with a side salad. Can’t wait to make this again and again!
I made this for a memorial day BBQ, and it was a hit with my friends! Delicious and flavorful, and everyone said they enjoyed it! Thank you for the recipe!
The easiest and most delicious app to have for fall gatherings. I’ve made this several times since and friends and family always ask for the recipe!
I made these as one of several AK appetizers for my daughter’s bridal shower (hen party) and they were a massive hit! Soooooo delicious! Don’t skip the hot honey, it is a key piece and be forewarned, very addicting. Can’t have just one, trust me!!
So happy to hear this! Glad you are loving this recipe ❤️