Game day snack season is in full force and if you make one thing for your next football get-together I hope it’s this incredible dip. A couple of years back I shared this insanely delicious vegetarian white bean buffalo dip and AK readers fell in LOVE with it just like we did. After that, I knew I wanted to make a new chicken dip that mixed in something near and dear to my heart: enchiladas.
That’s right, I had to re-share this epic enchilada bean dip that’s bubbly, hot, cheesy, and packed with out-of-this-world flavor. I mixed in some shredded chicken because the crowd loves chicken dip, but you can easily leave it out.
Basically, if you’re a fan of any of my enchilada recipes you’re going to absolutely crave this chicken enchilada dip. I’ve included ways to make it spicy (you know how I do) and even ways to serve it so that you can eat it for dinner. Meal prep enchilada bean dip? Yes, please.
What you’ll need to make this enchilada bean dip
This wonderful chicken enchilada dip is, of course, made with plenty of cheesy goodness, but it’s also filled with protein thanks to two types of beans, chicken and yogurt. So delicious and satisfying. Here’s everything you’ll need to make it:
- For the dip: the base of the dip is made with black beans, cream cheese, whole milk yogurt and red enchilada sauce. Try my homemade enchilada sauce recipe!
- For the mix-ins: you’ll also be stirring in pinto beans, cooked, shredded chicken, corn, green onion, a jalapeño, and some shredded Mexican cheese.
- To garnish: top the dip off with fresh cilantro and some more green onion.
- For serving: gotta serve this dip up with your fav tortilla chips! See below for even more delicious ways to enjoy the dip.
Customize this chicken enchilada dip
There are plenty of ways to customize this delicious enchilada dip to make it your own. Here’s what we can suggest for ingredients swaps:
- Choose the beans. Feel free to use two cans of black beans instead of pinto beans.
- Swap the yogurt. You can also use sour cream to get that creamy consistency.
- Add a kick of heat. Try a spicy red enchilada sauce, your fav spicy cheese, or even leave the seeds in your jalapeño!
- Keep it grain free. Simply leave out the corn.
The best ways to shred chicken
Don’t worry, we’ve made it super easy for you to add shredded chicken to this chicken bean enchilada dip. Start by using one of these methods for cooking perfect chicken, then try any of these methods for shredding it! You’ll stir the chicken right into the dip.
Can I make it vegetarian?
Absolutely! Simply omit the chicken and you’ll have an incredible, vegetarian enchilada bean dip. You can also try our famous Vegetarian Three Cheese White Bean Buffalo Dip. SO GOOD.
Bubbly hot chicken enchilada dip in 4 steps
- Prep your pan. Start by greasing a 9 inch skillet or 8×8 inch baking pan with nonstick cooking spray, and preheat your oven to 375 degrees F.
- Blend the base. Add black beans, cream cheese, yogurt and enchilada to a food processor or blender and blend until smooth. Pour this into your pan.
- Add the mix-ins. Evenly stir in the pinto beans, shredded chicken, corn, about half of the cheese, green onions & jalapeño. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top and bake it up.
- Serve & devour. Once the cheese is bubbling and slightly golden on the edges, remove the dip from the oven, garnish with greens, serve and devour!
Make it ahead of time
Planning for a potluck or party? You can easily make this cheesy chicken bean enchilada dip ahead of time!
- Mix all ingredients together in the pan as directed and cover with cheese.
- Place foil over the top of the pan, then place in the fridge until you’re ready to bake.
- Bake when you’re ready! You may need to add 5-10 extra minutes of baking time, but the enchilada bean dip will still be delicious! This dip can be prepared up to 2-3 days ahead of time. Perfect for game day!
Delicious ways to serve this dip
This enchilada bean dip is, of course, incredible with your fav tortilla chips, but we LOVE serving it with:
- Pita chips
- Our fav paleo crackers
- Tortillas for easy DIY taco or burrito night
- Rice, cauliflower rice or quinoa for a protein-packed dinner
More dips you’ll love
- Fresh & Healthy 7-Layer Dip
- Easy + Cheesy Southwest Bean Dip
- Vegetarian Three Cheese White Bean Buffalo Dip
- Creamy Feta Yogurt Dressing (or dip!)
- The Best Guacamole You’ll Ever Eat
Get all of our delicious dips & salsas here, and all of our game day recipes here!
I hope you love this incredible chicken enchilada bean dip recipe! If you make it be sure to leave a comment and a rating so I know how you liked it. Enjoy, xo!
Bubbly Hot Chicken Enchilada Bean Dip
Bubbly hot, cheesy enchilada bean dip made with two types of beans, shredded chicken and your fav enchilada sauce for an amazing appetizer. This easy chicken enchilada dip is packed with protein and delicious with tortilla chips, on burritos, or even served over rice! Easily customize it to add a kick of heat or make it vegetarian.
- For the dip:
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- ½ cup plain whole milk yogurt (or sub sour cream)
- 1 (15 ounce) can red enchilada sauce (mild or medium)
- For the mix-ins:
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto bean (or black beans), rinsed and drained
- 1 ½ cup shredded chicken
- ¾ cup corn (canned or thawed is fine!)
- 1/3 cup diced green onion
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 1 ¾ cup shredded Mexican blend cheese, divided
- To garnish:
- Fresh cilantro
- Extra green onion
- For serving:
- Tortilla chips
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a 9 inch oven safe skillet or 8x8 inch pan with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
In the bowl of a food processor or high powered blender, add in 1 can of drained and rinsed black beans, cream cheese, greek yogurt and enchilada sauce; process/blend until smooth. Pour it into the prepared skillet or pan.
Gently stir in the remaining can of rinsed and drained pinto (or black) beans, shredded chicken, corn, ¾ cup shredded cheese (reserve remaining 1 cup for topping), green onions and diced jalapeno; spread evenly. Add remaining 1 cup shredded cheese on top and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the cheese is bubbling and slightly golden brown along the edges. Garnish with cilantro and extra green onion. Serve immediately with tortilla chips, pita chips, or tortillas for an easy DIY burrito night! Can also serve over rice, cauliflower rice or even quinoa. Enjoy.
To make vegetarian: simply leave out the shredded chicken.
For a spicy version: use your favorite spicy shredded cheese or a HOT enchilada sauce.
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Ambitious Kitchen | Photography by: Eat Love Eats
This post was originally published on September 9th, 2021, and republished on February 5th, 2023.
Wow, this looks so amazing!
I’m already in love with the three bean Buffalo dip, and this looks just as awesome! For the whole milk yogurt, would Greek work here or should I use traditional?
Hi! Yes Greek is perfect in here 🙂 Can’t wait for you to try it!
Made this tonight for a football game and it turned out great! We left out the chicken, used lower fat cream cheese and Greek FF yogurt. Will definitely make again! Thank you
Amazing! So happy you guys loved it 🙂
So yummy! Love how versatile this recipe is!
Yay!! So happy you enjoyed it!
This is absolutely delicious. My partner saw the recipe over my shoulder and basically demanded it be made – pictures of baked goodness with melted cheese will do that, haha!! I’ve used it for this weeks meal prep lunches – added a spare baked sweet potato into the blender mix, and a grated zucchini to the mix ins just to up the veggie content (and gave me 8 meal portions), popped in lunch boxes with a chop salad. Total winner that will no doubt be going into our meal prep rotation.
Oh those are such great additions, and that’s such an amazing lunch idea 🙂 So happy to hear you loved this!
“MOM – this is the best thing you have made in 2 months”
OMG YAY!! Don’t you love to hear that?! Happy you guys enjoyed it 🙂
Delicious! And, if you’re like me and don’t have enchilada sauce when you make this, salsa works perfectly as a substitute.
So glad to hear that worked well and that you loved it!
Such an amazing cheesy dip! Couldn’t stop eating it. Served with zucchini to get some extra veggies. Show stopper
Woohooo! Glad that you enjoyed it. Great idea to serve with zucchini, sounds phenomenal.
OMG looks amazing!!! I will for sure be making this!
This looks AMAZING!
This was easy to make. We had it for Christmas Eve and my husband said it was one of the absolute best dips we have ever made & definitely a keeper in our repertoire! So, so good.
This dip is so, so delicious! My whole family loves it and I’m so psyched it’s healthy! Constantly praising your recipes! Thank you, Monique!
very nice recipe
This sounds Divine, making it tomorrow for a friends party. Do I use a glass casserole to make it or a square baking tray? Do I line the baking tray or casserole to bake it
Hi, there! Sorry for the delay. Either should work just fine!
This might be the most delicious thing I have ever eaten. I thought I already had found all my favorite Ambitious Kitchen recipes, but this one is now at the top of the list! One of my favorite recipes EVER!!! Make it! I always add sliced cherry tomatoes and if you want more veggies, add shredded zucchini (you won’t even notice it’s there).
Amazing! Great idea to add some sneaky veggies, too 🙂
I was introduced to Bubbly Hot Chicken Enchilada Bean Dip by a friend of mine quite a while ago. But I haven’t had a chance to enjoy it anywhere. Good thing I found out how to make this dish. I will do it tomorrow. Thanks a lot for your detailed instructions!
This came at the perfect time! I am so excited to make this. I love so many of your recipes and many are staples in my home. Thank you for all you do!!
Enjoy! It is SO good ❤️
Very nice post. I like your post.
Hi! This looks delicious, I want to make it to bring to a party this weekend and am thinking of using ground beef instead of chicken. Do you think this would be tasty and how much ground beef would you recommend using? Thanks!!
YUM. Love this recipe, so good and pretty healthy too! Will definitely be making it again
We made this for Super Bowl and it was SO good!! We will definitely be making this again!
Enchiladas are one of my favorite foods and I love your take on a dip version! I’ll totally have to try this out!
This was so delicious! The perfect combination of all the ingredients. It was a HIT when I made it for the Super Bowl.
Recipe is very good and this article is very useful
Thank you for sharing this fantastic information. Very good article. Keep up the good work.
Thank you for providing such valuable information. Excellent work. Continue your good work.
I like this your post. my very helpful your best to tips.
Your best kitchen Recipe my very useful idea 💡 I like your recipe.
I appreciate you posting this; I’ve been looking for it for a while but only found it today. I’m so inspired by this post, and it kind of makes me feel great.
I appreciate your post; I had been looking for this for a while and only discovered it today. This post fills me with so much inspiration, and it even makes me feel good.