When the weekend rolls around I’m ready to relax, clean & organize my house, go on walks in the city, and make some delicious dinners for Tony and I. There’s something about making a homemade meal for yourself or for loved ones that feels extra rewarding. I unintentionally create some of my best recipes when I’m just cooking on a Saturday night.
That’s why I rounded up these 18 incredible healthy dinner recipes that are 100% better than takeout. These recipes may have a healthy makeover to them, but they do not mess around when it comes to flavor.
I included a mix of meat and vegetarian options, and everything from homemade pizza to incredible stir fry recipes that won’t have you missing your go-to order of orange chicken. Scroll through, pick something delicious for this weekend, and enjoy! xoxo
1. How to Make the Best Cauliflower Pizza Crust
2. Better-Than-Chipotle DIY Chicken Burrito Bowls
3. Spicy Thai Peanut Chicken Sweet Potato Noodle Stir Fry
4. Kung Pao Chickpea and Brussels Sprouts Stir Fry
5. One Pan Ginger Chicken Meatballs with Peanut Sauce
6. Date Night In Cilantro Pistachio Pesto Shrimp Pasta
7. Caramelized Onion, Fig & Goat Cheese Pizza with Arugula
8. Healthy Slow Cooker Chicken Tikka Masala
10. Healing Lemongrass Chickpea Thai Green Curry with Toasted Coconut Brown Rice
11. 30-Minute Healthier Turkey Sloppy Joes with Homemade Sauce
12. Thai Peanut Coconut Cauliflower Chickpea Curry
13. Brussels Sprouts Mac & Cheese
14. One Pan Thai Coconut Yellow Curry Chicken & Rice
15. Healthy Sesame-Orange Ginger Chickpea Stir Fry
16. Amazing Slow Cooker Turkey Tacos
17. Thai Peanut Chicken, Edamame, and Quinoa Stir Fry
18. Delicious Zucchini Pizza Crust Recipe
If you make any of these homemade takeout recipes be sure to leave a comment and let me know how you liked it, and share a photo on Instagram with the hashtag #ambitiouskitchen. xoxo!
Amazing read. A lot of tips that’ll help me during hangouts with homemade stuff. Thank you for this!
I’m glad to see that you include somebody nutrition information but find it odd that you don’t include sodium which is just as important as the other nutrition info for a healthy way of eating.
I know i’m not the only one who is wondering this – when is your cookbook coming out?! 🙂
Hopefully in the near future! I’ll be so excited to write one for you guys.