Paleo and gluten free turkey burger sliders on sweet potato buns. An easy bite sized recipe or appetizer!
Did you know the official first day of summer was LAST week? I don’t know about you, but it has felt like summer here in Chicago for about a month now. I’ve been absolutely loving the heat, the longer days, and the chance to hang out on the patio with Tony.
We also have a bird feeder, so Milly likes to come plop her belly out and watch the birds too.
With the Fourth of July around the corner I have been SO excited to be using my ‘fridge and pantry summer staples in all of my recipes. A lot of people ask me what I consistently keep in refrigerator, and my super obvious answer is that it depends on the season! Right now I’ve been fully stocked with fresh seasonal fruits and veggies – berries, peaches (the best ever), zucchini, jalapeños (my personal fav), tomatoes, sweet potatoes, and the list goes on.
I find myself really craving fruits & veggies for snacks during the summer months, too. Probably because of their higher water content (hello 90 degrees outside) and their refreshing tastes. The best snack? Veggies and hummus! I recently tried Blue Moose of Boulder hummus varieties and their basil pesto — believe me when I say they are INSANELY GOOD. Let’s just say, I was super excited to be working on this with TheFeedFeed team.
For hummus they have a bunch of different flavors: from roasted red pepper to lime and black bean, and my personal fav: green chile. They also have both a regular and nut-free basil pesto, and artisanal cheese dips…o.m.g. DELISH. The best part is that there’s zero preservatives or weird stuff you know exactly what you’re getting. I love simple ingredients.
This brings me to my AMAZING Turkey Burger Sliders with Pesto Guacamole & Hummus Dipping Sauce! These mini burgers have Blue Moose basil pesto mixed right into them before grilling, so they’re super flavorful.
I also mixed together a delicious pesto guacamole to pile on top with all the veggies, and placed these babies between two sweet potato rounds for a grain-free, vitamin-rich bun. Because I couldn’t help myself…I whipped up an incredible hummus dipping sauce using Blue Moose’s original flavor too.
Check out http://bluemooseofboulder.com/ to stock up on their pesto and hummus for this recipe, and be sure to try out their salsas and cheese dips! Head http://thefeedfeed.com/ for more awesome summer recipes.
Grill these up and enjoy! Xo.
Pin these sliders:
- For the turkey:
- 1 pound 94% lean ground turkey
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup white onion, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons Blue Moose Basil Pesto
- For the sweet potato buns:
- 2-3 medium sweet potatoes, sliced into ⅛ inch rounds (you’ll want about 28 round total)
- ½ tablespoon olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- For the avocado pesto sauce:
- ½ avocado
- 1 tablespoon Blue Moose Basil Pesto
- Salt and pepper to taste
- For the toppings:
- 2 roma tomatoes, sliced
- 1 cup arugula
- For the hummus dip:
- ½ cup Blue Moose Original Hummus
- 2 tablespoons Blue Moose Pesto
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Preheat grill to medium high heat.
- In a large bowl add lean ground turkey meat, garlic, onion, pesto and salt and pepper and mix with clean hands until just combined.
- With turkey mixture form 2 inch round slider patties, you should get about 14. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, combine sweet potato rounds with olive oil and salt.
- Place sliders on grill for about 4-5 minutes each side or until fully cooked. If you have room, you can also cook the sweet potato rounds at the same time; they should take about 3-4 minutes per side; just watch carefully so they do not burn.
- Next make the pesto guacamole by mixing together the avocado and Blue Mouse Pesto. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Assemble the sliders by placing the cooked turkey slider on the grilled sweet potato rounds, then top with a teaspoon of pesto guacamole, 1 slice of tomato and arugula. Makes about 14 sliders.
- Enjoy with the hummus dip if you’d like.
This post is in partnership with FeedFeed and Blue Moose of Boulder. Thanks for supporting AK and the brands that help make this site possible.