Rebecca’s Pomegranate Margarita
Delicious and easy pomegranate margarita made with four simple ingredients for the perfect, refreshing cocktail! Use store-bought or homemade pomegranate juice and simple syrup for a wonderful cocktail that’s great for entertaining.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I make a small commission off items you purchase at no additional cost to you. Please read my policy page.
You may (or may not) have noticed that I don’t have a ton of cocktail recipes on the site. To be honest, ya girl loves a good dirty martini or glass of tempranillo when she’s out to dinner. Which nowadays is rare to begin with. BUT it’s a new year and I’m excited to branch out and share some super fun, new cocktail recipes with you!
This winter Rebecca, our social media manager, shared an amazing recipe for mulled wine. Our cocktail queen is back with a beautiful homemade pomegranate margarita that is SO refreshing, delicious, and incredibly easy to make! She originally made it for New Year’s Eve in a little cocktail competition and everyone LOVED it. We’ve included instructions for making your own pomegranate juice (plus a video here!) and simple syrup for extra freshness. YUM.
Treat yourself to a beautiful cocktail to wind down your week or make a bigger pitcher to share with friends!
Everything you’ll need to make a pomegranate margarita
You’re seriously going to LOVE how simple the ingredients are in this easy pomegranate margarita. It’s perfectly sweet, refreshing, and absolutely gorgeous (look at that color!) Here are the 4 ingredients you’ll need to make it:
- Tequila: I recommend using your favorite silver tequila in this margarita recipe.
- Simple syrup: you’ll need a little simple syrup to sweeten the margarita. See below for instructions on how to make your own!
- Lime juice: freshly squeezed lime juice adds a delicious tartness.
- Pomegranate juice: feel free to use bottled or fresh pomegranate juice in this cocktail. See below for an easy way to make your own pomegranate juice from scratch!
- Optional: we like to rim our glasses with some sea salt, too.
How to make your ingredients from scratch
- To make simple syrup: if you’ve never made simple syrup from scratch you’ll be pleasantly surprised at how easy it is! To make it you’ll simply shake equal parts granulated sugar and water together in a jar for about 1-2 minutes until the sugar dissolved. For reference: 2 tablespoons of each would be enough for 2 of these pomegranate margaritas.
- To make pomegranate juice: simply blend pomegranate seeds in a blender for 5 seconds and then strain the juice through a mesh sieve. Done!
Get fancy with a salted rim
Before you pour your pomegranate margarita into a glass — salt it! Simply add salt to a small plate. Use a lime wedge to wet the rim of the glass; dip the top of the glass in the salt, rolling from side to side until well coated.
The best pomegranate margarita in 3 steps
- Salt the rim. If you’d like to add salt to your rim, do so before making the margarita!
- Shake it up. Add tequila, simple syrup, lime juice and pomegranate juice to your cocktail shaker with 1/2 cup of ice cubes. Cover it tightly and shake everything well for 15 seconds.
- Serve it up. Pour the margarita into a glass, pretend you’re on a beach and enjoy!
Looking to serve a crowd?
Feel free to simply double, triple or quadruple this pomegranate margarita recipe to serve more people!
Our favorite cocktail making tools
- Shake it up with a cocktail shaker
- A simple strainer in case your shaker doesn’t have one
- I love using this hand juicer for all things juicing
- This single serve blender is great for making homemade pomegranate juice!
- Cute cocktail glasses like these or these
- A pitcher for serving a party
Get all of our go-to kitchen essentials here!
More fun drinks & cocktails
- Rebecca’s Mulled Wine
- Monique’s Naughty & Nice Holiday Punch
- Palm Springs Cocktail
- Drunken Strawberries
- 3-Ingredient Pineapple Mango Smoothie (with a fun boozy option!) (use frozen fruit all year!)
Get more drink recipes here!
I hope you love this pomegranate margarita recipe! If you make it be sure to leave a comment and a rating so I know how you liked it. Enjoy, xo!
Rebecca's Pomegranate Margarita
Delicious and easy pomegranate margarita made with four simple ingredients for the perfect, refreshing cocktail! Use store-bought or homemade pomegranate juice and simple syrup for a wonderful cocktail that's great for entertaining.
- For the margarita:
- 2 ounces silver tequila
- 3/4 ounce simple syrup* (1.5 tablespoons)
- 3/4 ounce freshly squeezed lime juice (1.5 tablespoons fresh lime juice)
- 1 ounce pomegranate juice (bottled is fine)
- For serving:
- Sea salt and a lime wedge for rimming the glass, if desired
If you’d like to rim your glass with salt, do this first. Cut a wedge from a lime and rub the cut side of the lime along the rim of your favorite glass. Pour sea salt onto a plate and dip the wet glass rim into the salt to coat it.
Add tequila, simple syrup, fresh lime juice and pomegranate juice to a cocktail shaker. Then add about ½ cup of ice cubes to the shaker, cover tightly, and shake vigorously for about 15 seconds.
Immediately pour the margarita into the glass and enjoy!
*A quick shortcut for simple syrup: shake equal parts granulated sugar + water (2 tbsp. each would be enough for 2 drinks) in a jar for 1-2 minutes until the sugar dissolves.
If you want to make homemade pomegranate juice, you can blend pomegranate seeds for 5 seconds and then strain the juice through a mesh sieve.
Feel free to double, triple or quadruple the recipe to serve more.
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Ambitious Kitchen | Photography by: Eat Love Eats
Download My FREE 7-Day Meal Plan
Download My FREE 7-Day Meal Plan
Join the AK email list and get my brand new, FREE Simple & Nourishing 7-day Meal Plan delivered to your inbox.