If you’re obsessed with all of the fresh summer produce these days like I am, today’s recipe was truly made for you. After perfecting my homemade green rice recipe I found myself pairing it with fresh fruits and veggies to create the perfect vegan green rice bowls packed with flavor plant based protein.
Can we take a minute and look at those GORGEOUS colors?!
These green rice burrito bowls are crunchy, a little sweet, a little spicy and so satisfying. Read the full post for all of my tips on adding proteins, dressings and more to make them your own!
Looking for even more plant-based meals?
I’ve got you covered with my FREE email series: 5 Days of Plant-Based Eating! In this series I share my best plant-based, vegan recipes with you to enjoy for every meal of the day — snacks & desserts included!
Get all of the deets & sign up here to enjoy colorful, veggie-packed meals all season long.
Everything you’ll need to make these vegan green rice bowls
We’re packing in a rainbow of delicious fruits and veggies to make these green rice bowls super bright and flavorful. Plus, they pack over 10g of plant based protein! Here’s what you’ll need to make them
- Green rice: the base of these burrito bowls starts with my homemade green rice. YUM.
- Produce: here’s where the rainbow magic happens. You’ll need mango, avocado, red bell pepper, corn, cilantro, red onion and jalapeño to fill these bowls and make them absolutely delicious.
- Black beans: these green rice bowls pack in plant-based protein thanks to a can of black beans!
- Optional dressings: the bowls are delicious as-is but feel free to add my for some extra flavor.
Dress them up
Looking to add a little extra flavor to these green rice bowls? Try one of these homemade dressings to take them to the next level:
Make these green rice burrito bowls your own
Because these vegan green rice bowls are filled with so many different textures and flavors, they’re actually perfect for customizing to your taste preferences. Here’s what we can recommend:
- Add another protein. If you’re not plant-based, try adding my Sazon Grilled Chicken Thighs, grilled shrimp, or even ground turkey cooked in my Easy Homemade Taco Seasoning. To keep these bowls vegan you can try adding some grilled tofu, an extra can of black beans or a can of chickpeas!
- Swap your produce. Feel free to use your favorite fruits & veggies in here! I think pineapple would be delicious in these bowls, as well as grape tomatoes and green onion.
- Get a little cheesy. Feta or cotija cheese crumbles would add a lovely salty element to these green rice bowls.
- Add some crunch. Pair with your fav tortilla chips or top these bowls with yummy tortilla strips!
How to prep the corn
Feel free to add corn kernels in these green rice burrito bowls raw from the cob, otherwise, you can grill or sauté your corn. Try my street corn seasoning and grilling instructions in this recipe.
Prep these green rice bowls ahead of time
These vegan green rice burrito bowls make the BEST meal prep lunch or dinner. To make them ahead of time simply make the rice, chop all of your produce, and store everything in airtight containers in the refrigerator until you’re ready to assemble the bowls.
Store any leftover burrito bowls in airtight containers in the refrigerator for up to 3-4 days. Then simply enjoy straight from the fridge!
More vegan lunches & dinners to try
- Vegan Pasta Primavera with Creamy Garlic Cashew Sauce
- Vegan Caesar Pasta Salad
- 30 Minute Vegan Stir Fry Sesame Noodles with Chickpeas & Basil
- Vegan Curry Chickpea Salad Collard Wraps
- Vegan Sweet Potato Burgers
Check out all of our delicious vegan recipes here!
I hope you love these vegan green rice bowls! If you make them be sure to leave a comment and a rating so I know how you liked them. Enjoy, xo!
Vegan Mango Black Bean Green Rice Burrito Bowls
Beautiful vegan green rice bowls made with homemade green rice, black beans and a rainbow of fruits and veggies. These vibrant green rice burrito bowls are delicious on their own or served with grilled chicken or fish. Truly the perfect meal prep lunch or dinner!
- 1 batch of green rice
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 medium to large ripe mangos, diced
- 1 avocado, diced or sliced
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup corn, grilled, raw or sauteed
- ½ cup diced cilantro
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 1 jalapeño, sliced
- Optional dressings:
- Jalapeño cilantro mango
- Cilantro lime
- Jalpeño cashew sauce
First cook your rice according to the directions in the recipe. While your rice cooks, you can chop all of your veggies and fruits for the bowls.
When you are done, divide rice between four bowls, then divide black beans, mango, avocado, red bell pepper, corn, cilantro, red onion and jalapeno slices evenly between the bowls. Dig in! Serves 4. Serve with lime wedges if you’d like.
Feel free to serve with chicken if you’d like. My sazon chicken would be amazing with this recipe.
If you want a dressing for these bowls, I suggest my jalapeño cilantro mango dressing, my cilantro lime dressing or my jalapeño cashew cream sauce.
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Ambitious Kitchen | Photography by: Eat Love Eats
This is the perfect WFH meal prep lunch. I love all the colors.
Yes, a rainbow in a bowl! Hope you can try them soon 🙂
will be making this soon can i skip red bell pepper as am not a big fan of it i never had green rice bowls before sorry i skip commenting on this post yesterday as was tired after work perfect for my after office meals will dm you if i make this and let you know how it goes Thanks Ramya
Yes you can definitely skip the bell pepper. Enjoy!
Delicious and easy to make
Yay! Glad you enjoyed these 🙂
The jalapeno lime cilantro mango dressing was busting busting busting..everyone in the family loved it. The green rice was awesome toooo!!!!!
Hahaha I’m SO happy you guys loved it so much!! Yay!
Absolutely perfect. I made this and added leftover blackened salmon anddd shrimp.
I also accompanied it with the recommended jalapeño mango salsa.
I doubled everything because I had a feeling these would be ideal leftovers as nothing needs to be re heated. So good thank you for the endless killer recipes 😊
Oooh great protein additions! Happy you loved these so much 🙂
Keep the vegan/veggie recipes coming please!! Loved this recipe especially the green rice. If I did it again I would make sure my stove was even lower when simmering as I overcooked it a bit. I found the recipe was quick and easy and I made the green rice, these bowls, and cilantro lime dressing too!!
I’m so happy you enjoyed it! Lots more vegan recipes here if you’re interested 🙂
Tonight I made the Green Rice Bowl that was full of veggies and fruit. It was fantastic!! The only change I made was to use frozen mangos and frozen avocado. Yummy! Hubby is out of town so all four servings are for me!
Yay!! So happy to hear you loved it, Cathleen!
This was one of the best salads we’ve ever had. We made the salad dressing (mango) and the rice as the recipe outlined and it came out perfect. Next time I will make the rice and dressing ahead of time, so the meal prep goes a little faster. Thank you for this delicious, healthy recipe.