Incredible Thai Chicken Quinoa Salad paired with a sweet & savory peanut dressing! This flavorful salad is packed with fresh mango, carrots, red bell pepper, green onions, crunchy cashews, and curry marinated chicken for a delicious meal prep lunch.
We’re finally to the very last recipe of the #AKSaladChallenge… and it’s my most favorite recipe of all them all.
Before we get into the salad, I hope that you’ve enjoyed these easy, protein-packed meal prep friendly salads full of veggies, fiber and protein. They’re great to keep and come back to again and again.
This Thai Chicken Quinoa Salad is packed with quiona, chicken, fruit and veggies to ensure that you hit almost every food group. It’s sweet, savory and comes with an addicting peanut dressing.
THINGS TO NOTE:
+If you’re vegetarian, no worries! Simply swap chicken for 1 can of chickpeas or add tofu.
+I’ve also included instructions on how to bake your chicken instead of grill it in the notes section below.
+This week we’re giving away a ‘Chopped & Screwed Kit’ featuring this Salad Chopper + Bowl, Squeezable Dressing Bottles, and the perfect On-the-Go Salad Container. To enter, make this salad or any salad from Ambitious Kitchen, upload a photo to Instagram and use the hashtag #AKSaladChallenge. We’ll pick a winner on 5/20. USA ONLY.
+Also, if you’re not following Ambitious Kitchen on Instagram yet, you should!
+Each week we’ll announce new prizes to win when you use the hashtag #AKSaladChallenge and make a salad recipe from Ambitious Kitchen through 5/20/18.
SEE HOW TO MAKE THE THAI CHICKEN QUINOA SALAD:
**Please note, we’re aware of a current recall of romaine lettuce in the U.S. Please feel free to use spinach in place of romaine in this recipe, and read more about the recall here.
Want more salads like this one? Try these:
- Serves: 4
- Serving size: 1 salad with dressing
- Calories: 406
- Fat: 18.4g
- Saturated fat: 2.5g
- Carbohydrates: 29.7g
- Sugar: 11.7g
- Fiber: 4.6g
- Protein: 25.5g
- For the marinade:
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon yellow curry powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- ¼ teaspoon cardamom
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- For the dressing:
- ¼ cup natural creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon gluten free soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger (or 1 teaspoon fresh grated ginger)
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 2-4 tablespoons warm water, to thin dressing
- For the salad:
- 1/3 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1/2 cup red bell pepper
- ¼ cup diced green onion
- 2 medium carrots, shredded
- ¼ cup chopped fresh cilantro
- ¾ cup diced mango
- 2 cups romaine lettuce
- ¼ cup roasted cashews or honey roasted peanuts
- Add chicken and marinade ingredients to a large ziploc bag. Marinate chicken for 20 minutes to 1 hour.
- While you are marinating your chicken, make your quinoa: Add 3/4 cup water to a saucepan, and bring to a boil. Then, stir in quinoa. Reduce heat to low, cover, and let simmer for exactly 15 minutes. Remove the saucepan from heat and let stand covered for another 5-10 minutes. Fluff the quinoa with a fork. Quinoa will pop upon cooking and expand. To help separate the grains, use a fork and fluff the quinoa. Set aside.
- While the quinoa is cooking, chop all your ingredients for your salad.
- Next, make your Thai peanut dressing. Add all ingredients for the dressing to a small bowl and mix until well-combined. Set aside.
- Once ready to cook chicken, preheat grill to medium high heat. Lightly oil the grate. Grill chicken breasts for 6-8 minutes per side, or until juices run clear and chicken is no longer pink. Once chicken has cooked, transfer to a cutting board and dice into bite sized pieces.
- Make the mason jar salads by dividing ingredients evenly between 4 (32-ounce) large mason jars in the following order: dressing, bell pepper, green onion, shredded carrots, cooked quinoa, cilantro, mango, chicken breast, romaine, cashews.
- When ready to serve, pour contents from the mason jar onto a plate or into a bowl and enjoy! Makes 4 large mason jars.
To bake the chicken instead of grill: Bake chicken breasts on a greased baking sheet at 400 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.
Pin this salad: