We’re here to celebrate week 2 of the #AKSaladChallenge. Last week we made the amazing a south of the border Southwest Chicken Salad and today we’ve got a greek inspired salad.
In my opinion, you can never ever go wrong with a Greek Salad.
Here’s what involved in this one:
Greek marinated chicken.
Salty, creamy feta.
A light, easy homemade greek vinaigrette.
THINGS TO NOTE:
+If you’re vegetarian, no worries! Simply swap chicken for 1 can of chickpeas or add tofu.
+I’ve also included instructions on how to bake your chicken instead of grill it in the notes section below.
SEE HOW TO MAKE THE SALAD HERE:
Want more salads like this one? Try these!
Greek Chickpea Chicken Salad
- For the greek chicken marinade:
- 1 pound boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- For the Greek dressing:
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dijon mustard
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- For the salad:
- 2 roma tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 cup cucumber, diced
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- ¼ cup diced red onion
- 1/3 cup kalamata olives
- 1/4 cup feta crumbles
- 2-3 cups chopped romaine
- Add chicken and marinade ingredients to a large ziploc bag. Marinate chicken for 20 minutes to 1 hour.
- Next, chop all your ingredients for your salads.
- While you are marinating your chicken, make your balsamic dressing: Add all ingredients for the dressing to a small bowl and whisk until well-combined.
- Once ready to cook chicken, preheat grill to medium high heat. Lightly oil the grate. Grill chicken breasts for 6-8 minutes per side, or until juices run clear and chicken is no longer pink. Once chicken has cooked, transfer to a cutting board and dice into bite sized pieces.
*To make vegetarian: sub 1 cup chickpeas or 1 package of extra firm tofu, cubed
To bake the chicken instead of grill: Bake chicken breasts on a greased baking sheet at 400 degrees F for 20-25 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink and juices run clear.