Happy Wellness Wednesday, everyone! I hope you’ve had a fabulous week so far. I landed in NYC late last night after a couple days of recipe-testing at AK HQ, and I couldn’t be more excited to share all of the new recipes with you guys (Abra and I had trouble just fitting them all into the upcoming weeks!).
If you know me at all, you know I LOVE Trader Joe’s. Not only do I find it less expensive than most grocery stores here in Chicago, but I love their fun, new products and bopping around in those cute little red carts. Of course, it’s essential to avoid the Trader Joe traffic so I find that early morning shopping is best.
Before I left for NYC, Abra and I took a trip to Trader J’s to stock up on staples, specifics for the new recipes, and a few things we thought looked interesting + delicious.
Give me an empty cart at TJ’s and I can go wild… SO we rounded up 46 of our favorite finds at Trader Joe’s for you to check out. Ready?
LITERALLY ALL OF THE PRODUCE. Trader Joe’s has incredible deals on seasonal produce and plenty of organic options, like their spinach, kale and apples.
Here are my favs this time around…
1) Butternut Squash Zig-Zags. Love this fun shape and definitely going to make fries out of them!
2) Bag of Avocados. if you go through your avos pretty quickly – this inexpensive bag has a bunch of them ready for you.
3) Green Beans. A staple in my fridge and so delicious in the summer. Stay tuned in the next couple of weeks for an amazing recipe I made with these babies!
Cereals + Breakfast
4) Organic Toasted Coconut Granola. I recently tried out this new granola flavor and it is AMAZING. I love it over yogurt and with some fresh berries, or even as a little topper to my morning smoothie. Seriously best granola out there.
5) Vanilla Almond Clusters. This cereal has been a TJ’s staple for Abra. Super crunchy with a yummy vanilla flavor – another great cereal to add to your yogurt!
6) Joe’s Dark Coffee. Because coffee = life in my household, this dark roast blend is the best bang for our buck. The smooth flavor makes it easy to drink without tons of added sweeteners, creamers, etc.
7) Peanut Butter Panda Puffs. PB flavor in cereal is my absolute FAVORITE and these crunchy little puffs are perfect for snacking. Plus, they’re gluten-free and have no artificial preservatives…win!
8) Greek Nonfat Yogurt – Coconut Cream. My fav yogurt flavor at TJ’s! This creamy goodness has an amazing coconut flavor and goes well with all the cereal + granola + berries your heart desires.
9) Rolled Oats. I love using oats in my baking recipes, so if you’ve been looking for the perfect gluten-free option this bag is it! Also great for overnight oats and getting your daily fiber in.
10) Coconut Cold Brew Coffee Concentrate. Abra and I just tried this out (about a 1/2 cup mixed with 1 cup almond coconut milk) and it was amazing! Rich flavors without the acidity – a great afternoon pick-me-up.
Great for baking
11) Organic Flaxseed Meal. This stuff is awesome for baking vegan – hello flax eggs! Tons of my baking recipes can swap in flax eggs for your vegan friends, so scoop this up (it’s also in these amazing Paleo No Bake Cookie Dough Truffles – yum).
12) Organic Coconut Cream. This stuff is amazing for making your own paleo, dairy-free whipped cream! Who can’t resist a little whip on top of their favorite dessert?
13) Organic Reduced Fat Coconut Milk. I love using coconut milk in my recipes – from desserts (like this decadent Coconut Milk Hot Chocolate) to flavorful curry dishes (hello Vegetarian Tofu Cashew Coconut Curry).
14) Organic Coconut Sugar. I love using coconut sugar because it adds these wonderful caramel-y notes to my sweet treats. I use it in my incredible Grain Free Tahini Brownies!
15) 100% Pure Maple Syrup. One of my favorite natural sweeteners to use while baking (if you’re gonna pour it up on those pancakes, you may as well use the real deal!).
16) Almond Flour. Baking grain-free is easy with a go-to almond flour. My Almond Flour Strawberry Shortcake Cake is so fluffy thanks to this (and the flour you’ll see next!)
17) Coconut Flour. Another awesome flour if you’re baking grain-free. Sometimes I end up making a blend of coconut and almond flours, but my paleo + grain-free, Fluffy Coconut Flour Pancakes use just coconut flour and are incredible!
18) Almond Breeze Unsweetened Vanilla Almondmilk. You guys know by now that this stuff goes in everything! My absolute favorite non-dairy milk I use in my coffee, for baking, to lighten up sauces – the options are endless. TJ’s carries these non-refrigerated packages so you can store ’em in the pantry until you’re ready to use them!
19) Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips. You will pretty much always find these in my pantry. Perfect for baking (or adding a few to my on-the-go trail mix!)
20) Triple Cream Brie w/ Wild Mushrooms. Okay this stuff is oh-so decadent. Creamy, super flavorful, and great for spreading on crackers that have a mild flavor (this cheese packs a little punch!).
21) Shaved Cheese Blend. A sprinkle-worthy little tub of firmer cheeses! This one’s great for pastas and even a little dash over your fav salads.
22) Crumbled Feta with Mediterranean Herbs. A new take on your traditional feta crumbles! The herbs in here add a unique flavor that tastes amazing in scrambles, mixed into a quinoa salad, or anywhere that needs a little flavor boost.
23) Jalapeño and Honey Chevre. Goat cheese with a kick? Sign me UP. This sweet & spicy combo mixed with creamy goat cheese is a little adventure to bring to your next gathering.
24) Farmhouse English Cheddar w/ Italian Truffles. Gotta get a little fancy and throw some TRUFFLES in your traditional cheddar. The flavor punch here is YUM x1000. This would be AMAZING in mac and cheese.
25) Pesto Gouda Cheese. Another TJ’s classic – the hint of pesto in this tasty cheese is so unique and great for slicing over your favorite crackers. Perhaps a green grilled cheese is in order?
When I dip, you dip
26) Three Layer Hummus. Because 1 layer just isn’t enough – this is my go-to TJ’s hummus. The combo has traditional, cilantro jalapeño (aka my two favorite flavors) and spicy, and I dip pretty much everything in it.
27) Reduced-Guilt Spinach & Kale Greek Yogurt Dip. Like your favorite spinach & artichoke dip, this creamy combo is perfect for chip and veggie dipping but is lightened up with Greek yogurt. Win-win!
28) Hummus with Freshly Ground Horseradish. For all my horseradish fans out there – this fun hummus is for you! Unique dip that packs a punch? Sign me up. Also that “horse-radish” animal is hilarious.
29) Corn & Wheat Tortillas. I love using corn tortillas in my enchilada + taco recipes because they give them an amazing texture and taste. Heck yes to 14g of whole grains!
30) Spinach Flour Tortillas. You guys know Abra, aka #abrassalad, is the salad queen – when she’s not mixing one up in her Tupperware she’s wrapping up those salad ingredients in these babies!
31) Whole Wheat Pizza Dough. Don’t feel like DIY-ing the dough for your pizza party? Grab one of these ready-to-bake doughs that are super easy to roll out, top, and bake!
32) Garlic & Herb Pizza Dough. Another ready-to-bake pizza dough option with tasty garlic and herbs already inside!
33) Organic Black Bean Rotini. This gluten-free pasta is made with…you guessed it…black beans! I’m excited to try these and add some colorful veggies for a pop.
34) Organic Brown Rice & Quinoa Fusilli Pasta. Another fabulous, gluten-free pasta option packed with extra heartiness from the quinoa and brown rice.
35) Gnocchi alla Sorrentina. An Italian classic! This frozen gnocchi option is perfect for a quick, delicious dinner, especially if you’re feeding a few at the table.
36) Sweet Potato Frites. Don’t have time to grill up my famous Sesame Garlic Grilled Sweet Potato Fries? Head the frozen section and grab these babies to pop in the oven!
37) Sweet Corn Tamales with Mild Green Chiles and Cheese. Just discovered these cute little tamales and I can’t wait to try them. Love green chiles, and these would be the perfect don’t-feel-like-cooking meal!
Seasonings + Condiments
38) Everything But the Bagel Seasoning. This seasoning is exactly what it sounds like…it’s EVERYTHING! Whoever invented it is pure genius and I want to make it rain all over the world (but mostly on my avocado toast).
39) Nutritional Yeast. This stuff is the perfect vegan sprinkle-cheese replacement for pastas (and life, really). Add it to anything that needs a little cheesy goodness!
40) Creamy Salted Peanut Butter. What is life without peanut butter? This kind has no added sugars and tastes fabulous. Spread over toast, fruit, ALL of the things. I also love how salty it is. #addictedtoPB
41) Organic Tahini. I love love baking with tahini and making creamy, homemade salad dressings with it. It’s mild in flavor so it’s perfect for adding your favorite spices to dress it up! ALSO PLEASE MAKE MY TAHINI BROWNIES RIGHT NOW.
42) Organic Ketchup. The label says “favorite condiment” and it absolutely is. Top your burgers, hotdogs, fries (sweet potato and non) with this organic ketchup and feel a little better about it being the good stuff! I’LL PUT KETCHUP ON ANYTHING. #merica
43) Organic Coconut Aminos. This seasoning sauce is the perfect gluten-free substitute for soy sauce! It’s packed with flavor (a little goes a long way) and great for marinades, dressings, and cooking with Asian flavors.
44) Roasted Tomatillo & Mango Salsa. Winning combo right here – the sweetness & spiciness paired with your favorite salty tortilla chip or a warm taco would be ah-mazing.
45) Spicy Pickled Vegetables. Who else loves pickled veggies? This is an awesome grab-and-go option if you don’t feel like doing the pickling yourself! Tons of flavor and great for your gut.
46) Fire Roasted Diced Green Chiles. Love. Me. Some. Green. CHILES. In sauces, salsas, and anything that needs a little kick to it (like my New Mexican Green Chile Black Bean Burgers!)
SO excited to mix in the new stuff with my recipes, snacks, and treats. Let me know if you guys have tried any of these, and what your go-to’s are! I’m always looking for some hidden gems in the aisles of good old TJ’s.
Stay tuned, because we’ve rounded up our favorite snacks & treats from MR. TJ in a new post coming your way soon 🙂