Did you know you can make grilled sweet potato fries in no time at all? Try this amazing recipe for sweet potato fries with a hint of garlic and sesame flavor! Served with a yogurt curry dip.
I’ve decided that one of the things I love most about living in Chicago is that you get to experience such greenery in the spring and summer. It’s a little surprise that hits you with joy after wind whipping and snow for a good 6 months.
Now that summer is here, the outside of our condo is completely covered in beautiful green vines. I love opening my windows each morning and seeing the birds hang out amongst the vines, chirping as early at 4am.
Over the weekend we even decided to we move our patio furniture around so we get the best view of the trees and lush greens.
Unfortunately I haven’t had time (or haven’t made time) to start planting our flowers or plants this year. Last year we grew tomatoes, jalapenos, strawberries, green peppers, cilantro, basil, green onion and a few others I can’t recall. My favorite (of course) was the lemon tree, which by the way only produced one baby lemon the size of a cherry. I blame Chicago weather. And that fact that I tried to grow a lemon tree in a plant container on my deck.
My *official* goal this week is to get flowers and plants out there since I want to spend every minute of sunshine outside on our patio.
Yesterday I made Tony garlic turkey burgers on the grill. And last week I grilled up these AMAZING sesame garlic sweet potato fries — they’ve become my new side dish obsession because they are SO easy to make on the grill since they only take about 10 minutes tops.
First all you have to do is cut the sweet potatoes into decent sized wedges. Then toss in a little sesame oil & garlic mixture. Then grill for 4-5 minutes per side. YEP, it’s that easy!
For a fun new savory dip, I’m sharing my yogurt curry dip made with just a few ingredients you probably have in your fridge. It’s a fun way to change things up.
If by chance you don’t have a grill, you can always bake these amazing sweet potato fries with a honey mustard dipping sauce. Or just dunk em in a spicy BBQ sauce OR Trader Joe’s ketchup (my personal fav!).
These are perfect for your summer BBQs so I hope you get a chance to try them out. xoxo!
- Serves: 2 servings
- Serving size: 1/2 recipe + 1/2 of yogurt dip
- Calories: 232
- Fat: 10.7g
- Saturated fat: 1.6g
- Carbohydrates: 29g
- Sugar: 13.6g
- Fiber: 3.9g
- Protein: 6.9g
- For the sweet potato fries:
- 2 large sweet potatoes (or 3 medium), cut into about 1 inch wide wedges
- 1 ½ tablespoons toasted sesame oil (regular sesame oil or olive oil also works)
- 3 cloves garlic, finely minced
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- For the Yogurt Curry Dip:
- 1/3 cup nonfat plain Greek yogurt
- 1 teaspoon curry powder
- 2 teaspoons fresh lime or orange juice
- 1 teaspoon pure maple syrup
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon water to thin dip, if necessary
- Optional: pinch of cayenne pepper
- To garnish:
- Fresh cilantro
- Sesame seeds
- Preheat grill to 375 degrees F or medium heat. In a large bowl toss sweet potato wedges, sesame oil, garlic, and salt.
- Make the dip by combining the yogurt, curry powder, lime juice, maple syrup, salt and cayenne in a small bowl. Place in the fridge until you are ready to serve.
- Once the grill is preheated, place the sweet potato wedges on the grill and cook about 4-5 minutes on each side. They should get nice grill marks; make sure you watch closely so that the fries do not burn.
- Once done, transfer to a plate and garnish with sesame seeds and fresh cilantro.
- Serve with the yogurt curry dip.
If you make this recipe, be sure to tag #ambitiouskitchen on Instagram OR leave a comment below letting me know how you liked them!