Learn how to make a delicious vegan cashew cheese sauce made with a few simple ingredients — tastes just like a creamy nacho cheese sauce!
I’m here for a quick how-to recipe today all about my new favorite cashew cheese sauce. I can’t stop making versions of this creamy VEGAN cheese sauce.
I know, I know it sounds crazy and weird but please just trust me when I say that it tastes pretty close to a creamy nacho cheese. Except for this version is dairy free, vegan and made completely from… CASHEWS.
Yes, soaked cashews are blended with a little nutritional yeast, garlic and a few spices to make an EPIC creamy sauce that you will absolutely adore.
It’s important to know that you’ll have to soak the cashews for at least 2 hours, until nice and tender — so make sure you leave yourself enough time to do that.
P.S. Tomorrow I’ll have an addicting recipe for you to put this cashew cheese sauce all over!
If you make this recipe, be sure to tag #ambitiouskitchen or leave a comment and rate the recipe below. xo!
Pin this recipe!
- For the cashew cheese sauce:
- 2 cups cashews, soaked for 2 hours and drained
- 2 garlic cloves
- 3 tablespoons nutritional yeast
- 1 ¼ cup water, plus more to thin if necessary
- 3/4 -1 teaspoon salt, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric (for color)
- ¼ teaspoon dry mustard
- Optional add-ins to make it your own:
- -Extra garlic
- -1 jalapeno
- -onion powder
- To make the cashew cheese sauce: Make sure you soak the cashews in 4 cups of water for at least 2 hours, otherwise you can place them large bowl, then add 4 cups boiling water and let the cashews soak in the hot water for approximately 45 minutes-1 hour to speed up the process.
- Once ready to make the sauce
- add drained cashews, garlic, nutritional yeast, water, turmeric, dry mustard and salt to a high powered blender. Blend until a thick sauce comes together, adding a tablespoon or two more of water, if necessary to help blend. Taste and adjust seasonings as necessary.