Incredible Almond Flour Recipes That Everyone Will Love
Over 30 easy almond flour recipes that make the perfect healthy snacks and treats! These healthy recipes using almond flour include gluten free and paleo options. Learn all about the benefits of cooking and baking with almond flour while finding your new favorite almond flour recipes.
This post may contain affiliate links, which means that I make a small commission off items you purchase at no additional cost to you. Please read my policy page.
A few weeks ago I asked on you guys over on Instagram which flours you love to cook and bake; no surprise, that there was an overwhelming request for more almond flour recipes. I don’t blame you, I absolutely LOVE baking and cooking with almond flour, and I’ve quickly realized that some of my all time favorite treats on Ambitious Kitchen use almond flour.
This roundup originally started at just 29 almond flour recipes when I first published it. Now I have over 40 recipes using almond flour that I know you’re going to love. If you have ideas or requests for more savory recipes using almond flour, be sure to drop them in the comments! I’d love to hear from you.
What is almond flour?
If you’ve never cooked or baked with almond flour it can sound a bit confusing or intimidating. Let’s start with the basics! There are actually a few different types of almond flour that you can use in cooking and baking:
- blanched almond flour: almond flour in general refers to almonds that are ground up into a very fine flour. You’ll typically find (and want to use) a fine, blanched almond flour, which means that the almonds have had their skins removed by blanching them before grinding them up and sifting them into a fine almond flour.
- almond meal: almond meal is made using almonds that have not been blanched, so the skins are still on the almonds when grinding them up into a flour. This creates a flour that is more coarse than a blanched almond flour (hence the term almond “meal”).
- unblanched almond flour: this is typically just another name for almond meal, where the “flour” is made from unblanched almonds (and thus the skins remain on the almonds).
When it comes to cooking and baking, I always recommend sticking with what the recipe calls for (almond flour or almond meal) so that the texture turns out the way it’s supposed to.
How to use almond flour in baking and cooking
One of the best things about almond flour is that it can be used in both sweet & savory recipes to keep them gluten free, grain free and even paleo & keto friendly. Almond flour adds a slight sweetness to recipes, which makes it perfect for baking, but note that it bakes up denser than all-purpose flour because there is no gluten.
I divided these recipes that use almond flour into breads & muffins, cookies, brownies & bars, cakes, crisps & donuts, and savory recipes so that you can easily scroll through and pick new recipes to try! As I mentioned before, I do recommend making these recipes as-is (without flour substitutions) so that you get a delicious almond flour recipe that has the right texture!
How healthy is almond flour?
While everyone’s nutritional needs are unique, there are actually tons of health benefits to cooking and baking with almond flour:
- Almond flour is naturally gluten free. This makes it a great alternative to regular and whole wheat for people who have celiac disease or wheat intolerances.
- It’s lower in carbs. If you need to watch your carb intake for any reason, recipes using almond flour are a great alternative to those that use an all purpose or wheat flour!
- It’s packed with nutrients. Because almond are a nutrition-rich nut, almond flour also packs a good amount of protein, fiber and healthy fats. It’s also a natural source of vitamin E and magnesium, and has a low glycemic index so that it won’t spike your blood sugar.
Head to your local grocery store and pick up an extra bag of almond flour this week for these delicious recipes. You might even be able to find it in the bulk section to stock up for even less. Scroll through, pick your favorites and enjoy!
Muffins, Breads & Pancakes
Brownies & Bars
Cakes, Crisps & Pies
Savory Almond Flour Recipes
I hope you love these incredible almond flour recipes! If you make any of these recipes be sure to head to the post to leave a comment + rating to let me know how you liked it. I greatly appreciate it, xo!
Download My FREE 7-Day Meal Plan
Download My FREE 7-Day Meal Plan
Join the AK email list and get my brand new, FREE Simple & Nourishing 7-day Meal Plan delivered to your inbox.