Happy New Year’s Eve, everyone! Can you believe today is the last day of 2017? SO crazy. Maybe I say this a lot…but I seriously feel like we were grilling burgers in June last month, and that Thanksgiving was yesterday. Where does the time go?!
Tony and I are ringing in 2018 in beautiful Kauai, and I’m so excited to explore the island for the first time. We have one more week of our honeymoon adventure before heading back to the tundra that is Chicago. I’ll definitely be bummed leaving paradise, but I’m already looking forward to getting back to my routine. That means working on the Ambitious Kitchen website makeover (woot!), getting in some good workouts, and fueling up with these delicious post workout snacks.
Okay is it just me or do you think about your post workout snacks during your workout? I swear I get halfway through a set of burpees + kettlebell swings and I can just picture the no-bake bars I just made, or an amazing smoothie that I can’t wait to blend up.
Is that weird? Yes? Good, good.
There’s a solid mix of sweet and savory in these post workout snacks, plus tons of recipes that you can keep in the refrigerator to have all week long. I usually prep a couple of them on Sunday to enjoy for the first half of the week, and then prep some more on Wednesday to take me through to the weekend.
If you’re traveling in the new year skip the expensive airport snacks and try out a recipe for energy bites (like #11) or one of my go-to granola bars (#8). They’re perfect for the plane, day trips, hikes, and anywhere 2018 takes you. These snacks have plenty of protein not only for rebuilding those muscles after a tough workout, but also for keeping you full and satisfied in-between meals.
Whether you’re jetting off on your next adventure or just need a little something after a long run – let’s kick off 2018 with some healthy snacks! Take a scroll, pick a few, and enjoy. Xo!
1. Peanut Butter Cup Protein Bars
2. 4 Easy Protein Packed Bento Boxes
3. Vegan Almond Butter Banana Oatmeal Smoothie
4. 4 Ingredient Mustard Spicy Roasted Chickpeas
5. Healthy Sweet Potato, Black Bean & Avocado Breakfast Burritos
6. Coconut & Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Bars
7. Wild Blueberry Banana Spinach Power Smoothie
8. Toasted Quinoa, Dried Fig & Dark Chocolate Nut Free Granola Bars
9. 3 Healthy Snack Mixes to Try
11. Salted Date Brownie Energy Bites
12. Cottage Cheese Banana Oatmeal Protein Pancakes
13. Healthy Strawberry Chia Seed Protein Shake
14. 5-Minute Protein Peanut Butter Energy Bites
15. Nutrition-Rich Omega 3 Blueberry Breakfast Cookies
16. 4 Healthy Breakfast Toasts
17. Incredible Peanut Butter Quinoa Granola Bars
18. Superfood Coconut Oil Granola with Chia & Flax
19. Layered Banana Split Protein Smoothie
20. Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookie Energy Bites with Chia + Cacao Nibs
21. Low Carb Pesto & Turkey Cucumber Roll Ups
22. Superfood Mint Cacao Nib Green Smoothie
23. Protein-Packed Breakfast Acorn Squash
24. Almond Butter, Strawberry & Banana Overnight Oats with Chia
25. Loaded Veggie Avocado Quinoa Frittatas
26. Triple Cherry Berry Watermelon Smoothie
27. Chia, Quinoa & Banana Granola Bars
28. Mocha Banana Protein Smoothie Bowl
29. Chia Chocolate Chip Oatmeal Breakfast Cookies
30. 5-Ingredient Chia & Peanut Butter Granola + Raspberry Banana Greek Yogurt Parfaits
31. Chewy Coconut Cashew Almond Granola Bars
32. Lean Turkey Apple & Maple Sausage Breakfast Patties
33. Chewy Dark Chocolate Cherry Protein Granola Bars with Chia Seeds
34. Protein-Packed Rainbow Cottage Cheese Breakfast Bowls
35. 16 Delicious Ways to Top Your Avocado Toast
36. Breakfast Baked Sweet Potatoes with Almond Butter, Banana & Chia
37. Pumpkin Pie Overnight Oats with Chia
I hope you love these delicious post workout snacks! If you make any of them be sure to let me know by leaving a comment below. You can also upload a photo and tag #ambitiouskitchen! xoxo!
looking for something new to eat that is healthy.
These snacks are the perfect place to start!