I’ve been a fan of weird and creative salsas for quite some time. Almost as long as I’ve been a fan of Zac Efron, but we’ll save my other obsession for another blog post where I’m not talking about salsas.
If you’ve never had a fruit salsa, you’re in for a real treat. It’s sweet and savory all at the same time and it’s the perfect way to surprise people during your summer BBQ. Like hey what’s up, I made you the best salsa of all time. You are now crowned the potluck party queen. What a damn honor.
Time to get everyone introduced to my avocado strawberry mango salsa. It’s fabulous, easy and perfect with pita chips or on top of chicken or salmon. YUM.
Ingredients in strawberry mango salsa
This strawberry mango salsa recipe is amazing, refreshing, and a little spicy thanks to a little jalapeño. Not into spice? Feel free to make this without jalapeños. Easy! Here’s everything you’ll need:
- Red onion
- Lime juice
- A pinch of salt
Tips for making strawberry mango salsa with avocado
- Use fruits and avocado that aren’t overly ripe. This will help the salsa stay fresh and keep it from getting mushy.
- Dice your fruit into small, equal-sized pieces so that you get a little bit of everything in each bite. Check out all of my tips and tricks for how to cut a mango here.
- Dice the red onion and jalapeño even smaller so that their flavors aren’t overpowering.
- Don’t forget a squeeze of lime juice! This will help the avocado stay fresh and avoid browning.
Ways to use this strawberry mango salsa
Here a few of my favorite ways to use this fresh fruit salsa recipe:
But of course, the best way to eat it = with pita chips, baby! The cinnamon sugar ones are my fav.
How to store homemade fruit salsa
The lime juice helps to keep the avocado nice and green, but the strawberry mango avocado salsa is still definitely best enjoyed the day of. If you have some leftover, feel free to keep it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.
I hope you all love this super simple fruit salsa and enjoy summer as much as possible. If you make this recipe, be sure to tag #ambitiouskitchen on Instagram and rate the recipe + leave a comment below. xo!
Avocado Strawberry Mango Salsa
Bright and flavorful Avocado Strawberry Mango Salsa for dipping chips or adding to salads, tacos, fish, or chicken! This new take on fruit salsa has hints of sweetness from fresh strawberries and mango, creaminess from avocado, and a kick of heat from jalapeño. It takes just 15 minutes to make and is perfect for parties!
- 1 cup diced strawberries (a little more than a half pound of strawberries)
- 1 cup diced ripe mango (from 2 large mangoes)
- 1 avocado, diced
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons finely diced red onion
- 2-3 tablespoons diced cilantro
- 1 small lime, juiced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more to taste
- For serving:
- Multigrain pita chips, for serving/dipping
- Place all ingredients in a medium bowl and mix to combine. Garnish with extra cilantro. Serve with pita chips for dipping. Also great served on salmon, fish tacos or shrimp. Serves 4-6. Double the recipe to serve 10-12.
To store this salsa: This salsa is best served the day of making it, but iff you have some leftover, feel free to keep it in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.