Are you ready for another incredible recipe using tons of fresh summer produce? Good, because this gorgeous avocado peach salsa is packed with a rainbow of produce that will have you doing backflips for more.
I originally made a version of this salsa to top my famous firecracker salmon and found that I was adding it to literally everything. Grilled chicken, fish tacos, in burrito bowls, and just eating by the spoonful because it’s THAT GOOD.
The flavors are perfectly balanced: sweet, a little spicy, tangy and so fresh. It’s super easy to customize with what you have on hand, too, so have fun with the flavor combos! Serve it up at your next BBQ or the next time you need an easy appetizer or side to go with your favorite proteins.
What you’ll need to make this avocado peach salsa
This delicious avocado peach salsa recipe uses all fresh produce to make the most colorful, flavorful fruit salsa ever. Here’s everything you’ll need to make it:
- Red onion
- Lime juice
- Salt & pepper
Choosing the right peaches
The first step in making this peach avocado salsa is, of course, picking up some fresh produce! It’s important to pick fruits that aren’t too ripe so that they’re not mushy when mixed together. In this salsa be sure to choose peaches that have a slightly sweet smell, but are on the firmer side. They should still have a little bit of give when you press them.
Can I use a different fruit?
Sure! I love the flavor of peaches in this salsa recipe, but I think diced mango or even pineapple would be fun. Otherwise, feel free to try my mango salsa recipe.
How to make the best peach salsa
This fresh avocado peach salsa is SO easy to make you’ll want to have a stash of it at all times. Here’s how to do it:
- Chop the produce. Looking for extra tips? See the best way to cut an avocado and an onion!
- Toss it together. Add everything to a bowl and toss it well so that the salsa is evenly mixed.
- Taste & adjust. Be sure to give your avocado peach salsa a taste before serving and add more salt and pepper as needed.
Simple tips for making fruit salsa
- Choose the right fruit. As I mentioned, be sure that your fruit isn’t overly ripe as it will result in mushy salsa.
- Chop small(ish). Dice all of the fruit small enough so that you can scoop it onto a chip, but not so small that the fruit all blends together.
- Adjust the heat. If you like spice like I do, feel free to leave the seeds in your jalapeño or even add a habanero! To keep the salsa mild, de-seed your jalapeño or leave it out.
Our fav ways to enjoy this peach avocado salsa
Yes, this peach salsa recipe is the perfect pairing for your favorite tortilla chips, but there are SO many more delicious ways to enjoy it!
- Top my amazing Firecracker Salmon, Chili Maple Lime Salmon Bowls or add it to these Blackened Salmon Tacos
- Pair it with perfectly Grilled Chicken or top some delicious Street Corn Chicken Tacos
- Add it to these flavorful Chipotle Chicken Tostadas or even swap it into these Green Rice Burrito Bowls
How to store this salsa
Store any leftover peach salsa in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. The lime juice helps the avocado stay nice and green!
More dips & salsas you’ll love
- Fresh Mango Salsa Recipe
- Spicy Green Cashew Dip
- The Best Guacamole You’ll Ever Eat
- Creamy Feta Yogurt Dressing (or dip!)
- Fresh & Healthy 7-Layer Dip
Get all of our delicious dips & salsas here!
I hope you love this fresh and delicious avocado peach salsa recipe! If you make it be sure to leave a comment and a rating so I know how you liked it. Enjoy, xo!
Avocado Peach Salsa
Beautiful avocado peach salsa made with fresh, juicy peaches, creamy avocado, sweet corn and a kick of heat from jalapeño. This bright and flavorful peach salsa recipe is delicious served with your favorite tortilla chips or paired with salmon, fish tacos and more!
- 2 medium ripe but still slightly firm peaches, diced
- 1 ripe but still slightly firm large avocado, diced
- 1 large ear corn, kernels cut off (about ¾ cup corn)
- 3 tablespoons finely diced red onion
- 1 jalapeño, seeded and diced
- 2 tablespoons finely diced cilantro
- 1 lime, juiced
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
Place all ingredients in a medium bowl and mix to combine. Garnish with extra cilantro. Serve with multigrain tortilla chips. Also great served on salmon, fish tacos, grilled chicken or shrimp. Serves 4-6. Double the recipe to serve 8-10.
To store: store any leftover peach salsa in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days. The lime juice helps the avocado stay nice and green!
Recipe by: Monique Volz // Ambitious Kitchen | Photography by: Eat Love Eats
This post was originally published on July 29th, 2021, and republished on July 3rd, 2022.
will be making this soon i never had salsa before perfect for my snacks will dm you if i make this and let you know how it goes Thanks Ramya
Delicious avocado peach salsa, easy to put together. Perfect for the hot summer days. Great dish for a picnic! Grab your cooler and make it your main dish. Take your favourite nachos and dig in. 👍
Couldn’t agree more! So happy you loved it 🙂
Delicious! Everyone loved it. I made it for dinner last week and it was requested again for tonight’s dinner. I used nectarines instead of peaches because I find them to have a firmer texture. Make it for sure. You won’t be disappointed.
Amazing! So happy to hear that everyone loved it. Great call on the nectarines!
very nice recipe
Hey Ya’ll! This may be a silly question… but do I cook the corn first?
Hi! Good question. I put the kernels in raw! But if you prefer to cook it, feel free to 🙂
This is so good! I’m putting it on mahi mahi tonight and cannot wait!
Oh my goodness, perfect summer food. I could eat this straight from the bowl. Made it tonight for fish tacos, but would also be great as an appetizer with chips.
Right?! Same! So glad you loved it!
Such a beautiful, fresh, and delicious recipe.
Thanks so much, Maggie! ❤️
I made this at lunch and ended up eating half a batch. It’s phenomenal.
LOVE THAT!! Thanks so much for letting me know 🙂
The best salsa to use up my peaches. The tangy flavor of the lime is very refreshing and the little kick from the jalapeño has taken it to the next level. Monique, I can’t thank you enough for this. XX
Such a great flavor combo! Glad you loved it!
So yummy and healthy. Eat leftovers within a day or two as peaches don’t last.
THIS IS AMAZING.