The new year is HERE and I’m ready to pack in all of the nourishing, veggie-packed recipes to kick off 2021. To start the new year I rounded up 32 (plus a few bonus) healthy dinner recipes that are perfect for meal prep anytime, anywhere.
I included some go-to stir-frys, sheet pan meals, and slow cooker soups and stews to keep your weeknight dinners fun and delicious. You’ll also find plenty of vegetarian options and lightened up comfort foods that you’re going to love.
Pro tips for meal prepping dinners
- If you’re a visual person like me, make a calendar and write out what dinners you’ll be making for that week! That way you can easily create grocery lists and even write a little menu
- Shop in the bulk section of the grocery store for things like beans, grains & dried fruit
- Stock up on meal prep containers and reusable bags for easily storing leftovers & ingredients
- Use your freezer! Freezing recipes and leftovers is a great way to stock up on meals if you have a busy few weeks coming up
Scroll through and pick some of your favorites! Feed the whole family with a few of them, or treat yourself to a couple of nourishing dinners this week.
Looking for more meal prep ideas?
Look no further! We launched a FREE 7-day Simple & Nourishing Meal Plan (made for two people!) that’s gluten free, dairy free friendly and veg-friendly. This plan is all about focusing on foods that nourish your body while keeping you satisfied and feeling GOOD. Bonus? They’ll make you excited to get creative in the kitchen! You’ll find:
- flavorful, easy recipes for you (and a loved one or roommate) to enjoy — desserts included!
- a grocery list with everything you’ll need to make each recipe
- a meal plan calendar to guide you through the meals each day of the week
V: indicates vegan
Veg: indicates vegetarian
GF: indicates gluten free
Sweet Potato Black Bean Enchiladas with Avocado Lime Crema Veg., GF (use gf tortillas)
One Pan Dinners
Slow Cooker Dinners
Cozy Pasta & Hearty Quinoa
*feel free to use gluten free pasta in these recipes
Tacos, Burritos & Enchiladas
Freezer-Friendly Green Chile Chicken Burritos GF (use gf tortillas)
Spicy Black Bean Chicken Enchiladas with Pumpkin Sour Cream Sauce GF (use gf tortillas)
Hearty Soups, Stews & Chilis
The Best Minestrone Soup V, GF (use gf pasta)
If you make any of these recipes, be sure to leave a comment below and let me know how you liked it! You can also snap and picture and post it on Instagram using the hashtag #ambitiouskitchen.