I can’t tell you how excited I’ve been to put this roundup together. You guys already know how real my love is for all things curry, and I recently realized how frequently I go through cans of coconut for both sweet and savory recipes. Coconut milk is the true MVP of my pantry, and with these 23 delicious recipes I promise it will be yours, too.
What is coconut milk used for?
The best part about cooking and baking with coconut milk is that you can use it almost all of the ways you’d use a regular dairy milk or your favorite nut milk. It’s dairy free, slightly thicker, and more flavorful than regular nut milks, which means it’s perfect for adding a natural sweetness to simple recipes like my almond flour pancakes and the caramel in this incredible peach crisp.
What is the best coconut milk for cooking and baking?
I usually use a lite can of coconut milk when I’m cooking things like curries, soups, and savory sauces, as well as when I use a dairy free milk in my baked goods. You can absolutely use a full fat coconut milk to add an even creamier texture to your dish – it’s all up to you! Full fat coconut milk is delicious when added to coffee, and even whips into creams.
My go-to paleo frosting uses a can of coconut cream, which is even thicker than full fat coconut milk. It’s perfect for cakes, cupcakes, and whipping into a delicious mousse.
This week I challenge you to pick up a can (or 10) of coconut milk and try out these sweet & savory recipes. From cozy soups to a 24K gold latte that will make your morning, these recipes will be ones to make again and again. Enjoy, xoxo!
1. Healing Lemongrass Chickpea Thai Green Curry with Toasted Coconut Brown Rice
2. Golden Coconut Chicken Lentil Soup
3. Sheet Pan Zucchini Chicken Meatballs with Coconut Curry Sauce
4. One Pan Caribbean Jerk Chicken with Pineapple-Coconut Rice
5. Paleo Coconut Chicken Sweet Potato Noodle Soup
6. One Pan Thai Coconut Yellow Curry Chicken & Rice
7. Thai Peanut Coconut Cauliflower Chickpea Curry
8. Vegan Macadamia Coconut Tofu Bowls
9. One Pan Tandoori Chicken with Spiced Coconut Rice
10. Vegetarian Tofu Cashew Coconut Curry
11. Slow Cooker Thai Peanut Chicken with Sticky Coconut Purple Rice
12. Gluten Free Peach Crisp with Salted Coconut Milk Caramel
13. Sweet Potato Zoodle Bowls with Golden Turmeric Coconut Milk Sauce
14. One Pan Ginger Chicken Meatballs with Peanut Sauce
15. Vegan & Gluten Free Curry Chickpea Pot Pie with Sweet Potato ‘Crust’
16. 5-Ingredient Almond Flour Pancakes
17. Vanilla Coconut Milk Caramel Apple Crisp for Two
18. Healing Thai Butternut Squash Lentil Soup (with a slow cooker option!)
19. Vegan Slow Cooker Tofu Tikka Masala
20. Vegan Mexican Hot Chocolate
21. Golden Turmeric Chickpea Chicken Soup
22. Vegan Curried Sweet Potato Corn Chowder
23. 24K Gold Vanilla Turmeric Latte
If you make any of these coconut milk recipes, be sure to leave a comment and let me know how you liked it! I’d love to see your creations, too, so share a photo on Instagram with #AmbitiousKitchen or in our Facebook Group. xo
Hey! Do you have any tips on how to make the “cream” at the top of milk when it’s in the fridge? Every time I make coconut milk is different, sometimes I get it and sometimes I don’t!
Thanks so much!
(I am in love with your recipes, made the oatmeal chocolate chip cookies today (all gone) and the quinoa taco meat is in the oven!)
chill it- one hour in a freezer, but better yet is 24 hours in the refrigerator
Thank you for sharing such great recipes that can be used with Coconut milk, I never knew that coconut milk can be used in so many recipes, will surely try and taste it ans give a feedback regarding at the earliest.
Delicious de 24 gold vanilla turmeric latte! Enjoyed every drop!
Hug in a mug! 🙂