Healthier Pasta Recipes for the Perfect Dinner
Delicious healthier pasta recipes that make the perfect weeknight dinner and even better leftovers! Here you’ll find easy, healthy pasta recipes with chicken, seafood, ground turkey, ones packed with veggies and plenty of vegetarian and vegan options. Cozy up with a bowl of pasta ASAP!
There’s almost nothing better than a delicious bowl of pasta packed with flavor. If you’ve been a long-time AK reader you know I love to throw a good noodle in soups, one pan meals, skillet dinners and more. We’re skipping Olive Garden getting down with over 20 healthier pasta recipes that make the perfect dinner.
Reasons to fall in love with these healthy pasta recipes
Once you try them I can guarantee they’ll be instant favorites. I love quick and easy pasta recipes because:
- Pasta is inexpensive! You can frequently get plenty of noodles in a box for under $2, which makes pasta a wonderful weeknight dinner option when budgeting. Stock your pantry so you can whip up a yummy, healthy pasta recipe any night.
- The variety. As you’ll see from this roundup we have everything from lasagna and spaghetti noodles to orzo and couscous. The options are endless.
- It’s neutral, so it’s perfect for adding your favorite veggies, sauces, proteins and more. It’s also delicious hot or cold (hello, pasta salad season) so the leftovers are amazing.
What can I add to pasta to make it healthier?
You might be wondering what makes these pasta recipes healthier and the answer is: adding! Many of these healthy pasta recipes have lots of veggies even if you don’t necessarily see them. What’s great about pasta is that you can easily add tons of greens and other veggies to make them nutrient dense. I also lighten up the sauces used in these pasta recipes by using a little bit less of things like butter, cheese and oil, though these things are often still included (and are completely delicious).
These healthy pasta recipes also pack plenty of protein and fiber to keep you feeling satisfied longer. Post-workout pasta, anyone? You’ll find healthy pasta recipes with chicken, fish, ground turkey, and more vegetarian and vegan pasta recipes. There’s something for everyone here, and feel free to swap in your favorite gluten free noodles!
What to serve with healthy pasta recipes for dinner
Many of these easy pasta recipes serve 4-6, but you can easily feed more by adding some yummy sides! Try out some extra veggies with:
- Everything Spring Green Salad with Basil Lemon Vinaigrette
- The Easiest Chopped Greek Chickpea Salad
- Roasted Sweet Potato & Arugula Salad with Turmeric Honey Mustard Yogurt Dressing
- Sesame Garlic Roasted Asparagus
- Balsamic Herb Sheet Pan Roasted Vegetables
And when in doubt, make it a kids night by pairing a good old mac & cheese with my crispy baked chicken nuggets. I hope you love these easy, healthy pasta recipes! If you make any of them I’d love for you to leave a rating and comment on the recipe so I know how you liked it. Enjoy, xo!
If you make any of these healthier pasta recipes be sure to leave a comment and rating on the recipe so I know how you liked it! Really appreciate it – xo!
Download My FREE 7-Day Meal Plan
Download My FREE 7-Day Meal Plan
Join the AK email list and get my brand new, FREE Simple & Nourishing 7-day Meal Plan delivered to your inbox.